Facilities Technician | Sydney - Central
|Category:||Property, Facilities & Maintenance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
We believe that fitness inspires people to go further in life.
Working at Fitness First is more than a paying job, it's a choice to give people the opportunity to lead a fearless and extraordinary life.
Whatever the capacity they work in, our people use their expertise, attitude and ambition to create that opportunity for people every day.
Our Maintenance Technicians enjoy a high energy culture where no two days are the same; everyone is focussed on setting goals, knocking down barriers and winning together. Being part of our Maintenance team you will be providing a high quality maintenance service to your assigned clubs.
Working within our clubs and as a professional maintenance technician you will be the first point of contact for our clubs and members and provide a high quality maintenance service.
This is such an important part of making our club facilities and equipment all functioning well so our members are enjoying and achieving their fitness goals.
Based in Sydney your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver maintenance service to a number of assigned clubs within the NSW region
- Maintenance services will include; building, painting, repairs to a large range of fitness equipment, planned maintenance tasks and general facilities handyman tasks
- Carry out equipment removal and re-installation
- Document and maintaining maintenance records
- Oversee spare part ordering and inventory control
- Communicate effectively and clearly to all parts of the business regarding any relevant issues affecting the club
- Represent Fitness First in a professional and competent manner and promoting WH&S policy procedures across the state
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Trade qualifications (desirable) or significant experience in facilities technician/handyman
- NSW license and clean driving record
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Experience in working in a fast pace environment
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to function in a multi-site team without direct supervision on a daily basis
In return we offer you:
- A passionate, energetic and supportive culture. It's something we're really proud of at Fitness First and you'll feel part of the family from day one.
- Industry leading learning and development - we pride ourselves on supporting and developing our staff, providing them with the learning and skills they need to build a long term career across Clubs, Management and Support Office. That's how a large portion of our Management roles are filled internally.
- A base salary of $65,000 + super
- Complimentary membership (plus one for a friend)
- Fully maintained vehicle
If this sounds like you then apply now by clicking on the link below. Turn your passion for fitness into a serious career with the fitness leader
Please note that successful applicants will require a background and criminal record check.
Applications close as indicated however we encourage you to apply ASAP as we will be moving forward with suitable applicants as they come through.